Wednesday 12 August 2015

Experimenting with different types of clay


I am new to pottery/ceramics and am experimenting with different types of clay and glazes.  I've been having a play with different textures and colours of clay to see which ones I liked the best. I bought a number of 1kg sample packs, and made lots of yummy Garden Girls and Funky Flowers.  All in all their were 16 different types of clay and they varied in texture, colour and firing temperature.



The garden girls before their first firing.





Despite some of the clays having different firing temperature, I used the same temperature and schedule to bisque fire them all.  On the whole I was pleased with the results.  There were only a few of the garden girls that broke during the bisque firing.


Here are the funky art flowers 














No comments:

Post a Comment